Since opening 7 months ago, we have had great reviews on our food and many requests for recipes. We are now ready to share and are starting our new recipe series with our Mother’s Day dessert.
500mL Whipping Cream
200 g Mascarpone Cheese (Soft)
2 Whole eggs
50 g White Sugar
50-60 g Dark Chocolate
1. Whip cream on med-high speed to soft peaks. Set aside.
2. Soften mascarpone with a spatula or spoon. Set aside.
3. Place eggs and sugar in a bowl. Place over a pot of simmering water. Stir with a whisk constantly until the mixture reaches 60-63C.
4. Place mixture in a mixing bowl and whip on high until light and fluffy.
5. Fold in chopped chocolate and mascarpone cheese.
6. Gently fold in the whipped cream.
7. Line the sides of a mason jar with ladyfingers soaked in strong coffee. (Dip the cookies quickly in the coffee as they will soak it up really fast and become soggy.)
8. Pipe or spoon filling in the mason jar.
9. Garnish with a light dusting of cocoa powder or fresh berries.
**For an adults only treat… add a bit of your favourite liqueur to your coffee.**